Click Here and Like The Page

Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself? - with Examples.

Simple 9-Do's to Crack an Interview.

After putting you at your ease, the interviewer will sometimes lead into the main part of the interview by asking you a open question such as 'Tell Me About Yourself?' or 'Tell me about your current job.'  They want to know about your competencies, so this is your invitation to sell your ability and experience. Think of it as a mini-interview in which you briefly introduce topics that the interviewer can explore in greater depth with their subsequent questions and best answers for this question and a common question Should I Ask Questions in Interview? Why? What?


"Tell Me About Yourself?"
This is an open as a question can be.  It's up to you to set the boundaries and make sure you stick to points that are informative and relevant.  The interviewer wants you to include things like:
  • you current position;
  • you background, education and training;
  • the skills and strength that make you good at you job;
  • your experience and accomplishments;
  • the high points of your career so far;
  • what attracted you to your particular field and how you got into it;
  • your goals for the future.
You need, of course, to tailor your answer and take into consideration the skills, strengths, aptitudes and experience - the competencies - required for the job.

Example format, how to answer the question "Tell me about yourself":
' I'm [give a concise, pithy description of yourself in 15 words or less].
'I'm an experienced [what you are] with an extensive knowledge of [your relevant knowledge area] including [a key point] and [another key point]. 

My main skills or qualifications are [give two or three of your most relevant skills or your key qualifications].
'I also have experience in ____ and _____.

'My achievements to date include [Two or three major ones].  The benefits to my current employer have been [what you have increased, improved or decreased].  I believe the position you're offering would allow me to [what you want to develop]'.

Example:
'i'm a computer science graduate with a keen interest in practical application of information systems.  I'm an experience computer programmer with an extensive knowledge of robotics including 3-D modelling and components' assembly.  My main skills are programing methodologies and microelectronics.
'I also have experience in artificial intelligence, including Pop-ll and prologue'.
'My main achievement to date has been to write a geographical database using a GIS Package, which allowed NHS patient data to be mapped for the entire region.  This greatly improved allocation of resources to high-density areas, and reduced patient waiting time by 11%. I believe the position you're offering would allow me to continue to develop my problem-solving skills and I feel I could contribute skills and experience that would be of value to you'


Most of them will be looking for an Best answers for Tell me something about yourself.

2 comments:

What do you have to say about the article. Give your opinion.